Blogger Widgets

Oh Sheldon!

So I was browsing 9gag the other day and I stumbled upon this masterpiece. Whoever made this, I will find you and I will marry you. Unless you're a girl then...Good job! [Shakes hand then awkwardly moonwalks away] O_O
The moment I finished reading I decided to make an amigurumi of the tiny dinosaur? Turtle? Snail...Wait a minute! What is  that thing? O_O Well, whatever it is it's adorable and I have to make an amigurumi of it. I had tons of projects lined up but I pushed it all aside to make way for this cutie. Seriously! Look at those sweet, tiny eyes... You'd be like an abominable snowman to not "Awww!". ^3^

The pattern took me only less than a day to figure out so in a manner of speaking, I'd say this was Achievement Unlocked. Hahaha ^^


SHELDON
Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #36 - Lizard (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #65 - Cinnamon (1 skein)
Crochet Hook - F5 (3.75 mm)
Black thread
Black beads #04
Fiberfill stuffing

HEAD
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 2sc-inc (16)
Rnd 4-7: sc around (16)
Rnd 8: 2sc-dec (12)
Rnd 9: dec around (6)
FO, weave in ends
*Attach to the body
*Glue/stitch the tiny black beads for eyes

BODY
11ch
Rnd 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, sc around (20)
Rnd 2: inc, 8sc, 2inc, 8sc, inc (24)
Rnd 3: inc, 3sc, 4hdc, 3sc, 2inc, 3sc, 4hdc, 3sc, inc (28)
Rnd 4: hdc around (28)
Rnd 5-6: sc around (28)
Rnd 7: 5sc-dec (24)
Rnd 8: 4sc-dec (20)
Rnd 9: 3sc-dec (16)
Rnd 10: 2sc-dec (12)
Rnd 11: dec around (12)
FO, weave in ends

NECK
9ch, connect to the first ch to create a loop 
Rnd 1: sc around (8)
Rnd 2-5: sc around (8)
Rnd 6: 1sc-inc (12)
Rnd 7: sc around (12)
Rnd 8: 2sc-inc (16)
Rnd 9: sc around (16)
Rnd 10: 7sc-inc (18)
FO, leave tail for sewing

LEGS (4x)
Rnd 1: 4sc in mr (4)
Rnd 2: 1sc-inc (6)
FO, leave tail for sewing

TAIL
Rnd 1: 3sc in mr (3)
Rnd 2: 1sc, inc, 1sc (4)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (6)
Rnd 4: sc around (6)
Rnd 5: 2sc-inc (8)
Rnd 6: sc around (8)
Rnd 7: 3sc-inc (10)
FO, leave tail for sewing

ACORN SHELL
Rnd 1: 7sc in mr (7)
Rnd 2: inc around (14)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (21)
Rnd 4-5: sc around (21)
Rnd 6: 5sc-dec (18)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Use black thread to embroider "Xs" on the side

ACORN STALK
Rnd 1: 4sc in mr (4)
Rnd 2-3: sc around (4)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Attach to the center of the shell
Since this originated from 9gag, I might as well go with the latest meme... Here's a banana for size. ^o^ 
The banana is locally grown in my country (Philippines) called "Latundan", so it's a bit smaller than usual. Just thought I should mention... I don't wanna start an online commotion with people wondering what alien banana I was holding. Hehehe ^^

Contrary to what most people say, reading joke and meme sites aren't a total waste of time. Obviously, this cutie-amigurumi proves that. But of course, too much of the good stuff is a bad thing, so moderation is still best. ^^



Copyright: Sheldon is an original pattern written by Duchess Gala. You may do whatever you want with the finished product but please do not sell or claim the pattern as your own. Also, do not post the pattern directly to your website. Just link it to this blog. ^^ 

Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

20 Comments:

  1. He's awesome! I read this meme too, Sheldon's such a cute creature :) Good job, your pattern is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheldon is a tiny dinosaur that thinks he's a turtle :D his artist is here! http://panaran.tumblr.com/
    cute pattern, it popped up on rav and it's everything I wanted. thank you thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. ^^ Thank you for letting me know about the artist. I'll drop by her tumblr to give her my thanks. ^^

      Delete
  3. Can I buy that from you? That is seriously awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it's not for sale. T_T But thanks for appreciating it. I'm happy that you think it's awesome. ^^

      Delete
  4. hey! love the pattern, just a question for the body did you mean MR11 or to create a loop? also do we need to sc2 in each stitch for round 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means to make 11 chains then sc on the 2nd ch from the hook to make the loop. Do not increase on Rnd 1, just sc for each st. Hope this helps. ^^

      Delete
    2. I actually had the same question. You say 'sc around' but the numbers suggest it's 'inc around', because you go from 11 in the chain to 20 in the loop.

      Delete
    3. The count doubles because you get to work on both sides of the chain. So by the first half of Rnd 1 you will be working on the upper posts and then on the lower posts when you go around the other half to create the oval shape. ^^

      Delete
  5. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm going to make one for me niece, but I bet my nephew is going to want one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^^ You can change the color for your niece and nephew. It would be nice to see a girl and another boy version of Sheldon. Hehehe! ^^

      Delete
    2. That does sounds pretty cool. I could make it light pink or light purple. :)

      Delete
    3. Make it any color you like or even add flowers and bows. The sky is the limit! Customize it to your heart's content. ^^

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Duchess.

      I'm kind of confused about how to put the pieces together. Is the FO'd end of the body connected to the tail or the neck?

      Delete
    5. Hmm... I'm really not sure that I get your question. If I understand it right, the FO part should be at the bottom so the neck and tail should be attached to the first rounds. If it's about where the neck and tail should be placed... It could actually go either way since the body is a pretty even oval. Just make sure the tail and neck are aligned perfectly. Did that answer your question? Sorry if I'm not that good at explaining. T3T

      Delete
  6. What do you mean by: 5sc-dec.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means you do 5 single crochets and a decrease repeatedly for the whole round. ^^

      Delete
  7. Appreciation to my father who shared with me about this weblog, this web site
    is truly remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya i aam for the first time here. I came across this bord and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template